Maria is a registered Dietitian, nutrition consultant and weight loss coach with goals to encourage and support those who want to make healthy lifestyle changes that will directly enhance the quality of their life. She writes the “Ask the Dietitian” column for Trail Runner Magazine and their weekly newsletter, Inside Dirt.
Maria runs for the trail shoe company, La Sportiva, and is sponsored by Bogg’s Trail Butter. Her favorite distance in trail racing is 30km (18.6 miles), and in mountain racing, she prefers uphill courses. She was a member of the 2011, 2012 and 2014 U.S.A. Gold Medal North American Mountain Running Teams that took place in Ajijic, Mexico and Vancouver, British Columbia. She is the 2011 North American Mountain Running Champion and 2014 North American Mountain Running Champion runner-up.
- 1st Place (North American Mountain Running Championships Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico, 2011)
- 2nd Place (North American Mountain Running Championships Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico, 2014)
- 2nd Place (Don’t Fence Me In 30K Helena, Montana, 2014)
- 1st Place (USA Trail 1/2 Marathon Championships, Bellingham, 2014)
- 1st Place (Fragrance Lake 1/2 Marathon, Bellingham, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- 2nd Place at the Marin Ultra Challenge 25k (Sausalito, CA, 2016)
- 1st Place at the Yakima Skyline Rim 25k (Ellensburg, WA, 2016)
- Top 7 Finish at the USATF Trail 1/2 Championships (Lake Padden Trail 1/2, Bellingham, WA, 2016)
- Top 3 in the La Sportiva Mountain Cup, a series of races around the country
- Top 10 at the U.S. Mountain Running Championships
- Re-claim the title as the NACAC Mountain Running Champion
- Top 5 at the USATF ½ Marathon Trial Championship
- Compete with BDP at Club Cross Country Nationals
Connect with Maria
A few of Maria’s favorite things…
Her mountain running footwear, The La Sportiva Helios and La Sportiva Bushidos.
Her sponsored sustenance, Bogg’s Trail Butter. “A delicious, all-natural nut butter, designed to provide lasting whole food energy and nutrition.”
Her favorite moment, “When the winter snow melts and I am finally able to get to the top of the mountain.”