Nikki is a Physical Therapist at Lynden Family Physical Therapy, where she treats all kinds of orthopedic injuries and specializes in treating runners. After struggling with injuries through high school and college, she loves helping other runners stay healthy and meet their goals.
Her favorite distance is the marathon – having completed 13 including Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, Eugene, and Portland and has gone sub 3:00 on several occasions. Over the years, Nikki has learned that the longer the distance, the more she likes it. She is now transitioning into trails and longer races, enjoying the challenge of unfamiliar distances and terrain.
Her fondest memories in running – the little details of the races she remembers – warming up with teammates, randomly finding a friend at the start or finish, cheers from family or friends, and passing classic running landmarks like Hayward field, the Wellesley girls, or the dancing dragon in Chicago.
- 15k – 1:00:29 (Fairhaven 15k, 2011)
- 1/2 marathon – 1:26 (Run for Water, Abbotsford, BC, 2014)
- Marathon – 2:56 (Rock and Roll Phoenix, 2012)
- 50k – 5:03 (Chuckanut 50k, 2016)
- Sub 3:00 marathon’s
- To run every World Marathon Major
- Sub 19:00 5k
- Sub 5:00 at Chuckanut 50k
- Build toward ultra-distance racing (a 100-miler one day!)
- To be a life long runner and enjoy the ability to run while avoiding injuries and over-training
Connect with Nikki
- Instagram: njvanderwiele
A few of Nikki’s favorite things…
Her running buddies, “Trail or road, I’m up for anything with a friend because running is best when shared.”
Outdoor adventures, “I love being active in general. In addition to running I like to bike, hike, paddle board, do yoga, garden, travel, and golf.”
Cooking, “I love cooking, baking, and creating new healthy recipes; I spend a lot of time in the kitchen keeping myself fueled.”