Jonathan grew up in Ferndale, WA where he ran cross country and track and field through high school, at Whatcom Community College and for Western Washington University; he currently works for All-Phase Electrical Distributors. In his free time he likes to day trips with his wife and daughter, and soak up the outdoors through running, hiking, kayaking and disc golfing. He also enjoys spending time with his siblings and checking out the myriad of awesome breweries Bellingham has to offer, with friends.
Jonathan’s fondest running memory was his experience traveling and running at NCAA Div. II Cross Country Nationals in 2014. In what felt like a breakthrough, he experienced one of those rare moments when everything comes together and running flows. It felt like he was a part of something bigger; him and his teammates running as one. “It felt great to be among so many talented runners from across the Nation. To even be there felt like a huge privilege and accomplishment – something I had been working towards for a long time. I want to continue chasing those running flow moments.”
- 5k – 15:17 (Track – Ralph Vernacchi Invite, 2013)
- 8k – 25:16 (XC – Western Oregon Conferencec, 2013)
- 10k – 31:43 (Track – Div. II Conference, 2014)
- 10k – 32:08 (XC – Div. II Regionals, Billings, MT, 2014)
- 1/2 Marathon – 1:15 (Skagit Flats, 2017)
- Marathon – 2:44:03 (Bellingham Bay Marathon, 2017)
- Short Term – Focus on the 2018 XC Season, start trail racing, stay healthy and injury free
- Long Term – Sub 1:13 1/2, Sub 2:38 Marathon, and potentially race a 50k
A few of Jonathan’s favorite things…
Trying new things.
Sunny days and cold beer.