Katie is a PA in the ER at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Hospital. Originally a Midwesterner, growing up in Indiana, Katie did her undergrad at Purdue (forever a Boilermaker) before going to PA school at Indiana University. When she’s not working, she’s running single track or rock climbing. She is currently in the process of becoming an AMGA Rock Guide and enjoys introducing new generations of climbers to the sport and installing safe practices & healthy risk management skills. One of Katie’s fondest running memories was when she beat an entire battalion of Marines in an 11.75-mi race through the Mojave Desert on USMC’s 237th birthday (her husband is a USMC vet). Another favorite – standing next to Deena Kastor at the start line for the 2018 Mammoth Lakes 1/2.
- 5K – 18:30
- 1/2 – 1:28
- 1st @ 2019 XTERRA White Tanks 20K (trail)
- Podium’d at 2019 XTERRA McDowell Mtn 15 Mile & XTERRA Crystal Cove 9 Mile (trail)
- Get comfortable in the 50K (works toward getting on the podium in 2020)
- Start racking up UTMB points
- Increase race mileage towards the goal of a future competitive showing at Badwater 135
Connect with Katie
Some of Katie’s favorite things…
Doing mountain stuff with friends and family (run, ski, climb).
“My Rock Collection.”