David works as a Physical Therapist Assistant and Licensed Massage Therapist out of two clinics in Bellingham. When he is not at work he enjoys spending his free time meeting up at local breweries, stand up paddle boarding, playing tennis, hiking, snowshoeing, reading, and watching a good series on Netflix.
David’s fondest race memory took place at the 2013 Padden Triathlon. It was one of those races where everything came together, the best part of which was hearing the local cheers from Bellingham friends, and finishing just under the previous course record, which currently stands as the CR at the event.
- 2k – 6:00 (K2K, 2016)
- 12k – 41:40 (Bloomsday)
- 1/2 Marathon – 1:12:07 (Honeywagon 1/2, 2015)
- 15k (road) – 49:55 (Homestead 15k, 2016)
- Lake Padden Triathlon – 1:32:58 (2013)
- Seafair Olympic – 1:50:31 (2014)
- Lake Stevens Ironman 70.3 – 4:25:27 (2014)
- Make the transition back to racing 2-3 of the Ironman 70.3 series races (Santa Rosa 70.3, Victoria 70.3, Canada 70.3)
- Work in (2) local triathlons: Lake Padden (long course) and Lake Whatcom Triathlon (Olympic)
- A 1/2 marathon & the Mt. Rainier Duathlon in April 2018
- Spend the Fall racing locally
Connect with David
A few of David’s favorite things…
Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA.
Cherry flavored fruit leathers.
Jojos with BBQ and Ranch.
Hammer Nutrition – “Hammer Heed is my go-to nutritional drink prior to short runs or workouts, and in water bottles for bike rides under 90 minutes. Following interval workouts, I use Recoverite to help rebuild muscle tissue and reduce exercise soreness. Endurolyte Fizz is a great tasting product that helps with cramp prevention when used before exercise sessions in hot weather.”