Scarlett moved to Bellingham in 2013 to pursue a MS in Environmental Sciences at WWU. During her stint as a grad student she studied ecological risk assessment with a minor in trail running. During this time she found BDP, and appreciates the wonderful (and fast) training partners on the team, and the support they provide. Post WWU, she got a job in her field (WHA? YES!) and currently works as a Research Specialist at Whatcom Conservation District in Lynden, WA, where she spends a lot of time collecting good field data and working on local water quality issues.
Scarlett loves to be on the trails, on her bike, or on her skis. In addition to trail running, she also competes in multi-sport adventure races with the local team, Quest.
- 5k (Track) – 17:46
- 1/2 Marathon – 1:23:01
- Marathon – 3:12:45
- Chuckanut 50k – 4:58:02
- 2nd Place at the Orcas Island 25k (Orcas Island, WA, 2016)
- 1st Place at Kill Bill’s Oyster Dome Challenge 50k (Alger, WA, 2016)
- 2nd Place at the Squamish 50 Miler (Squamish, BC, 2016)
- Top 10 Finish at the USATF Trail 1/2 Championships (Lake Padden, Bellingham, WA, 2016)
- 3rd Place at Orcas Island 50k (Orcas Island, WA, 2017)
- 3rd Place at Sunflower Marathon (Twiap, WA, 2017)
- Stay healthy
- Top 10 at Black Canyons 100k, 2019
- Sub 5-HR at Chuckanut 50k
- Top 3 at Expedition Oregon Adventure Race (April)
- Run a 100-Miler
Connect with Scarlett
- Instagram: scarbarmar
A few of Scarlett’s favorite things…
Pushing herself in physical endeavors, “Whether in running, cycling, ultimate frisbee, back-country skiing or other competitive bad-idea adventures I get myself into.”
Trying new things.
Morning time and watching the sun rise.