Maxx is a graduate student at Western Washington University, studying Exercise Science; specifically, the effect of ergogenic aids on endurance running performance. Since the conclusion of his collegiate running elegibility in 2015, he’s shifted his running focus to MUT races and can be found each weekend running hilly trails and chasing mileage and vert. During his free time he enjoys reading books and relaxing with his loved ones and close friends.
Maxx’s fondest running memory is more of a collage of memories that include boarding airplanes with college teammates to travel to national championships. Success in running has provided him the opportunity to travel throughout the country and through running and travel, the ever-growing collection of memories are what he holds most dear.
- 5k – 15:46 (track)
- 8k – 25:25 (XC)
- 1/2 Marathon – 1:14:06 (road)
- 2017 Lost Lake 25k – 1st place, 1:54:35 (CR)
- 2017 Chuckanut Mountain Marathon – 1st place, 3:47:54 (CR)
- Stay healthy and be a lifelong runner
- Use running as a vessel to make a positive impact on others
- Successful 50k debut (Fall 2017)
- Make U.S. National teams in a Mountain/Ultra/Trail event
Connect with Maxx
A few of Maxx’s favorite things…
Long runs on trails with his friends.
Deep conversations in dimly lit environments with cold beer.
Road tripping anywhere with the amazing Rachel Cundy as his co-pilot.