Jeff is a father to his two children, Luka and Naomi, and is in his 13th year teaching Spanish at Mt. Vernon High School. His fondest memory was running up Yellow Aster Butte in the summer of 2017; it was an incredible day where everything came together for the run – the energy in his legs, clarity of mind, the companionship of his good friend, who’s birthday it was, the summer’s heat melting the snow and ice into rivulets, wide open views of the surrounding snow-covered peaks, the deep, forested valleys and flowering meadows, the total transcendence of reaching the peak after an all out effort of total exertion. It was a run beyond description.
- 1/2 Marathon – 1:15:44 (Bellingham Bay 1/2 Marathon, 2017)
- 10k (XC) – 33:49 (USATF Club XC Regionals, 2017)
- To stay healthy and strong
- To connect with other runners and learn
- Break personal records into his 40’s, at all distances
- Explore the 50k distance and beyond
A few of Jeff’s favorite things…
Free time with loved ones.