McKirdy Trained is set to begin their #MCKIRDYMILE series this Saturday, May 2. And guess what? It’s flippin’ FREE! Several of our athletes have signed up, and are excited to see what kind of mile shape they’re in.
“In light of the recent global pandemic, runners have been facing race cancellations and adjustments of their spring goals. The #McKirdyMile Race Series is a virtual event designed to give runners a purposeful distance to train for and ‘race’ during this time. There are four 1-mile race events within the series spread out over the span of 8 weeks, starting in May 2020.
It’s a change of pace – literally. Many marathoners rarely take a step back from training for half marathons or full marathons which often leads to a plateau. If you feel like you’ve been ‘chipping’ away at your PRs, then taking some time to train for a shorter distance race is exactly what you need to find your next big breakthrough. It’s also a great way to see some progress and help keep you motivated, especially if you’re new to the sport, or returning to running after some time off. So let’s throw it back to the quintessential distance – let’s train for a mile!”
- Open to all levels & abilities & ages.
- No track entries allowed.
- GPS-enabled device needed; data for each race must be synced via GPS and publicly viewable and verifiable in order to be eligible for prizes. Your entry may be removed from the results if we cannot verify the data.
- Courses with a negative net elevation loss > 1% will be disqualified
- To be eligible for the Prediction Award, you must enter your predicted mile time when you register.
- Previous age group winners cannot repeat.
- To be eligible for the Overall awards, you must run EVERY race in the series.
- 5/2/20 – Race Weekend #1, Sponsored by McKirdy Trained // BONUS: Enter a predicted time prior to the time trial and whomever comes closest wins a prize!
- 5/16/20 – Race Weekend #2, Sponsored by Bare Performance Nutrition
- 6/6/20 – Race Weekend #3, Sponsored by TheFeed
- 6/27/20 – The Final Race, Sponsored by Coros
Overall Series Awards (presented by HOKA ONE ONE and Running Warehouse) are based on the average time of ALL FOUR miles. Runners MUST participate in all four events to be eligible.
Overall Awards for M/F include:
- 1st – $75 gift card to RW
- 2nd – $50 gift card to RW
- 3rd – $25 gift card to RW
INDIVIDUAL & AGE GROUP AWARDS
Presented by HOKA ONE ONE and The Feed. For every mile race in the series, HOKA ONE ONE and The Feed will be providing awards for the individual overall and age group winners!
- 1st M/F OVERALL – One pair of HOKA ONE ONE shoes + 20% discount to The Feed
- 1st in Age Group – HOKA ONE ONE kit (includes backpack, bottle, hat, swag) + 20% discount to The Feed
- 2nd in Age Group – HOKA ONE ONE hat & socks + 20% discount to The Feed
- 3rd in Age Group – Choice of HOKA ONE ONE bottle OR hat OR socks + 20% discount to The Feed
*BONUS – One M/F will also be randomly selected to win a HOKA ONE ONE bundle. You must participate in all four races in order to be eligible for the giveaway. For the first mile there will be a prediction contest gift to whomever comes closest in predicting, and subsequent miles will feature other giveaways, incl. whey protein & nutrition bundles, The Feed gift card, and a Coros Pace Multisport GPS watch!